Charlotte Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors
Meeting Date: Aug. 15, 2017
Location: UF/IFAS Charlotte County Extension Service
Time: 9:00 a.m.
25550 Harbor View Road, Suite 3
Port Charlotte, FL 33980
Training Room A or East Conference Room Phone 941/764-4352
- Call to order
- Approval of minutes of meeting held: July 18, 2017 – Thomas Hecker
- Treasurer’s Report – Chuck Rinehart
- Partners and Staff Reports- Activities of Natural Resources Conservation Service –Israel Vega-Marrero District Conservationist and/or Jeremy Ansel to Discussion of M.O.U. and Compliance Documents and adoption of same. Conduct Annual Local workgroup discussion during new business.
Activities of Southwest Florida Water Management District– Patricia Robertshaw
Activities of Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Patricia Hobson P.W.S. Environmental Specialist III Office of Agricultural Water Policy Mathew Warren Environmental Specialist III Office of Agricultural Water Policy
Activities of Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences –Ralph Mitchell Extension Director
Activities of the South Florida Water Management District- Steven Sentes SFWMD
- New Business- Local work group Presentation by Natural Resources Conservation Service –Israel Vega-Marrero District Conservationist
- Old Business
Update – Powerpoint, Discuss a County budget request not limited but to include all regional, state and national dues and also a review of the shared staffing arrangement/ agreement and office accommodations. We need to request the county contact list and their annual budget. We need to know what if any funds we are working with are inside of UF/IFAS budget or at least how we fit into their planning. We should also consider asking the BCC to assign a County Commissioner staff or board member to sit in on our meetings as they did with ARAC. Additionally, we need to discuss funding sources like The Community Foundation or the like. I think we can come up with something that will make some additional seed money to support our organization so we will have the ability to go out and do something positive. We also need to address finishing the website.
- Supervisor’s Reports
Supervisor Lang report on statewide AFCD meeting
- Next Meeting – September 19, 2017